PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Before filling out this application, please make sure that you are eligible and applying for the correct scholarship.
The Metal Trades/ Service Fitters Scholarship Competition is open to both graduating high school students AND current college students.
To qualify for the competition, the applicant must:
1. Be a son or daughter whose parent is both a member in good standing in Metal Trades Branch Local 638 and is employed by a contributing contractor to the Service Fitters Industry Promotional Fund.
2. Be a son or daughter of a full-time salaried employee of a contributing contractor to the Service Fitters Industry Promotional Fund.
In the event a student elects to attend a tuition-free college or is a recipient of another scholarship, the Service Fitting Industry Scholarship Program reserves the right to change its award and select an alternate winner. Excelsior Scholarship applicants are not eligible.
**Children of company officers or principals and major stockholders ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for this scholarship**
- Your application is NOT COMPLETE until we receive your Official Transcript. If you are a college student, we need your college transcript. If you are a high school student, we need your high school transcript. It is your responsibility to ensure that your transcript reaches our office by the deadline, February 15th. If it is not received by that time your application is ineligible. Standardized Testing scores are optional to submit.
- All correspondence regarding your application will be via the submittable platform, please check your email carefully.
- Recommendations may be sent to email@example.com or 535 Eighth Avenue, 17th Floor New York, NY 10018. You can also upload them to your application.
- If you experience any technical difficulties, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.